I don't consider myself a hardcore feminist or anything of that sort, but Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs really makes me proud to be a woman. She reminds me of a new and improved version of Courtney Love in a way because I know she has this innate hardcore nature. Something so organic and natural and you can feel it in the music and see it in the eclectic sets that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs put on. This band has proved themselves to be Indie-tastic.
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs have a tendency to sound distorted, gritty and basically just raw. I have come to treasure them so because it is rare to find a raw hard core band that is fronted by a women who deserves the title of rock lioness. Despite their ruff charm, Karen O still manages to bring a femininity to the music. I am all about sexual/gender equality and in a music industry (indie rock/rock/alternative rock) that is dominated by males...it is so much more than refreshing to have a woman rocking harder than a lot of the men.
What does a Korean-Polish rock goddess look like?

She usually wears something that looks more like a costume that her fashion designer friend makes and she is an avid user of face/war paint. She puts on the best shows because she doesn't hold back for anyone....in music, in performing, in fashion. She is the poster child for the free spirit generations.
IMPORTED:
Karen is also unimpressed with the idea of being one of rock's most desired women.
She says, "I guess it's fun, but I'm so detached from it. I see footage from our shows, I'm so shocked by what I'm doing."
I think that this video fully embodies the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...weird and fantastical.
IMPORTED:
Karen is also unimpressed with the idea of being one of rock's most desired women.
She says, "I guess it's fun, but I'm so detached from it. I see footage from our shows, I'm so shocked by what I'm doing."
I think that this video fully embodies the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...weird and fantastical.
Important songs to download by the yeah yeah yeahs:
Pin
Phenomena
Y Control
Karen Oh so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment