Lex brought up a great question amidst our discussion: How do the guys that listen to these sexual bands feel about all of the obvious sexual overtones of the music? I have found that it is very common to run into homophobic American men. Many of them will say that they don't have a problem with gay people unless they touch or come on to them. However these men are usually the ones that are huge Led Zeppelin fans. Listening to Zep, you can easily hear the sexual fever in Robert Plants voice and Jimmy Page's guitar style brings about this nature that is unmistakenably comparable to a climax. Same can be said about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, most notabely Richards ablility to bring about a sensual attitude in his chords. During the era of the stones and zep women would get off to these songs and yearn for Robert Plant's vocal improve of "Dazed and Confused" or Keith Richards teasing chords in "Beast of Burden" and it was normal. What about the guys though? They hear it too don't they? This is something I definately want to look into more. Do men get any satisfaction from these sexual rock gods disguised as mortals?

I wonder how many women still get off to rock n' roll compared to how many women were in the 60's or the 70's. I feel that women count on R&B more now..especially in American culture..to find that sexual gratificiation from music. I know that all hope is not lost for American women though....I had a friend admit that she masturbates to Interpol and Kings of Leon because of their immense sexual nature, and I felt this sense of pride hearing her story. People still get off to the music...in her case she took a more manual approach, but nonetheless it still occurs...and in my friend circle at that.
I honestly could be here for days if I got started about the sexual presence in the music of both bands Interpol and Kings of Leon...but thats another entry.
Basically when sex and rock n' roll work together the results are cosmic.
2 comments:
Paul Banks' voice IS sex.
sure gets me off...
Post a Comment